Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.